Tuesday 5 March 2013

Roasts: Perfect Pressure Cooker Pot Roast

Sep 29, 2006 Two yums up! I didn't really taste the dressing mixes, just beef. And moist tender beef it was. I may use a can of French Onion soup next time instead of the broth because I had more liquid than needed and it might make the gravy a little thicker and add interesting flavor (hmmm, it might not be enough liquid for the pressure cooker). Details in case there are other folks hesitant to use a pressure cooker: I was nervous to use a pressure cooker, not because of the old stories of peril (or the previous reviewers need to repaint the ceiling, LOL), but because it was a method I'm not familiar with. My chuck was 2 1/2 lbs., too large to brown in my 4 qt. cooker so I dredged it in flour and browned it in a skillet first. Other than the addition of 6 medium whole red potatoes (all that would fit), I followed the ingredient list. Because it was so full, it took a long time for the cooker to reach pressure and I had to keep the knob higher than expected (8-9 on an electric pressure cooker) to maintain pressure. The potatoes were creamy and tender, though some might consider them overdone. Now I'm disappointed there aren't more pressure cooker recipes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment